Thursday, March 17, 2016

Make Your Bed!

 This year the boys have gotten quite good at making their beds before school each morning as a matter of course.
They aren't the tidiest bed-makers in the world, and my main rule is that I don't want any of the eyes of the characters on their sheets looking at us when they are finished.
They were doing a great job at keeping the eye-balls covered, 
but I was still tired of how sloppy it was looking with the quilts dragging on the floor, 
so I came up with a plan.

First, I cut strips out of  the two sides of each quilt and then stitched them back together so that the ends would just cover the bed rails on each side of the bed.
 Then I folded the bottom two corners of each quilt into triangles and made a quick row of stitches.
This created a little pocket so that the ends of the bed can't come un-tucked
 and will always keep the mattress covered.
 Also, when I stitched the quilts back together after I took the strips out of the sides, I made the seams right on the edges of the mattress so it will be easy to see if they're straight.
 So hopefully those few hours I spent thinking and cutting and stitching will make it super easy for the boys to keep their room nice and tidy.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment