I am writing this a few days ahead of time, because on Thanksgiving Day I am tasked with the weighty responsibility of heating the Sister Schubert rolls, and couldn't possibly find the time to post with all that kitchen-related cooking stress hanging over my head.
I thought I would share this project that I undertook at the end of September, looks like around 11:15 in the morning, if my mirrored-clock-reading skills are correct.
You remember the time I discovered hardwood floors hiding under the dingy carpet in the butler's pantry?
Well, I always wondered about this mirror in the living room. It was held in place by these four screws with little medallions around them in the four corners. I thought they looked a little out of place, chronologically-speaking, with the rest of the house, and I thought it might look better with a big wooden frame around the edge.
Since I do not currently possess mirror-framing capabilities, I decided to loosen the screws and take a little gander at what might lay behind that mirror.
I stuck my phone down the little crack to take a picture and it just revealed that the entire thing was covered with thick brown paper.
I pecked a little hole through and saw an old mirror and some other interesting details so I decided to take that heavy mirror down completely for a better look.
Eleonora was along as my helping hand throughout.
You can see we were also decorating for fall and potty-training on this particular day.
Hmm...promising?
Eleonora was able to remove the spots, no problem.
Then I had to rip this sturdy wooden frame off the wall.
Then we headed to the cellar for some paint and had the new old mirror looking as good as new by the time Caleb arrived on the scene to continue with the decorating.
While I have been told by at least two dear family members (thank you, ladies!) that they liked the bigger mirror much better, I am enjoying the more vintage vibe myself.
A fun project, indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment