I published a little interview with Caleb this morning to go with his pictures from a couple of posts back. You'll have to go back and read it, although now that he can read, he wasn't liking any of my embellishments as I typed his answers, so this year I had to stick to just the facts.
Now, as for my March books, I read 5 this month, so I'm up to 17 for the year. At this rate, I think I can make it to 50, no problem.
I read 'All-of-a-Kind Family' by Sydney Taylor with the boys. We loved it and we are on to the second in the series. The books follow a Jewish family with lots of kids growing up in New York City in the early 1900s. There are fun stories woven through descriptions of all the holidays they observe - both Jewish and plain old American. I recommend these even to a grown-up who hasn't read them yet.
Heather let me borrow 'The NAZI Officer's WIFE' by Edith Hahn Beer. This was my only page-turner of the month. It tells the story of how one Jewish woman survived the Holocaust - I bet you can guess how.
I also finally finished 'The Age of Wonder: How the Romantic Generation Discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science" by Richard Holmes. Now this was a dull book, Burt, but I felt like I learned some things about some famous people whose names you are always hearing and feel like you should know - people like Sir Joseph Banks, Mungo Park, Mary Shelley, Caroline and Frederick Hershel, and many, many more. My favorite parts included the hot air balloons and the explorers.
Next I read 'The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up' by Marie Kondo. According to this lady, if you follow her method completely the first time, which she made up and named (Kon-Mari) after herself, you will never be messy again. Her method includes getting rid of about 75% of your possessions. That would help, eh? Ha! I'm afraid my nickname could still be Messy Jessy, but I did get rid of 387 things this month, in my quest to get rid of 1,000 things this year, so I'm on track for that goal as well. (I have a bit of a problem with counting things, you may have noticed.)
And last, and probably least, I read 'Scotland Yard's First Cases' by Joan Lock. You may be wondering about this motley assortment of books I've been reading. I will tell you, I've been reading whatever I can find for free on my Kindle and I'm not looking too hard. This book featured a lot of murder by throat-slitting.
So there you have it, my March books. Try All-of-A-Kind Family or The Nazi Officer's Wife, and leave the rest alone, would be my advice to you. Happy April!





No comments:
Post a Comment