Monday, June 5, 2017

Summer Fun - Charts

You have probably noticed that many of my recent posts have had pictures but no words.
My phone is having technical difficulties with posting words, but it will do pictures just fine
I figure a picture is better than nothing, and when I sign into the computer I sometimes go back and add words.
If you saw my May books post without words, I have added some.

Now onto today's post.

Perhaps most people do not equate charts and fun.
But around here, we have been enjoying our sticker charts lately.
Caleb is showing off our spring charts that helped us get through the end of the school year.
Whenever the boys would get up and get dressed and make their bed first thing without being reminded (and without wrestling, crying, etc.) they would get a sticker.  Also whenever they would get through a piano lesson or practice session (without wrestling, crying, jumping ship, etc.) they might earn a sticker.  And any other time they did something helpful or cheerful or kind that I hoped would happen again, I might tell them to put a sticker on their chart.
I asked them what they wanted to have for a reward when they reached 25 stickers.
They asked to take their 'spend jars' to Walmart (their own spending money) to buy something.
Sounded good to me!
When the time came, Caleb bought himself a Lego set.  Josiah had bought so many little snacks and things at school throughout the year, that he was only able to buy a little Lego man dressed as an ear of corn.  Heh, heh.
Eleonora is pink.  I'm purple.
Looks like we need to take some notes on civilized behavior from the boys.  Ha!
We decided to make a 'Summer Fun' list for the first time ever.
Jennifer thinks it looks a bit like everything we would be doing anyways this summer.
We're enjoying it nonetheless!
Caleb says these are our "Named Charts" because they tell you what each column of stickers is for.  We have been doing these since school let out.
Caleb wants you to notice that he has biked a ton of miles.
That might be our favorite new thing this summer.  I have been taking the boys for rides (one at a time) on my bike with them behind me on their trail-a-bike.  I will have to show you a picture soon.
It's fun to see the boys enjoying my childhood sticker collection that I was always too stingy with to let myself use more than one at a time on the back flap of an envelope on a letter to a pen pal.  Anyone recognize the ones from the camp gift shop?


No comments:

Post a Comment