Monday, January 8, 2018

Rebecca

So even though the boys were supposed to go back to school last Thursday, abnormally cold weather (for southeast Tennessee, anyways) and icy rain have won them three extra days off, and they haven’t been back yet!  Surely they’ll be back at school tomorrow, but I will say we have been having a fabulous time!  Our fun friend Rebecca came last Tuesday and stayed for a good long time. 

On Wednesday she and I went to Dollywood (she worked there this summer and has all sorts of perks), and it was soo cold!  All the outdoor roller coasters close down if it’s below 36 degrees, and they never opened that day!  Very different from our August visit!

The next day we and the kids headed up the mountain to hang out with my mom and to partake of her watercolor supplies. Pretty good, eh?  Haha.  We will have to try again sometime with daintier brushes. 

Rebecca also taught all the Craft Nighters a new version of Uno - the first one that I’ve ever actually enjoyed (Sorry, Uno Roboto!).

And maybe the best thing that we did was to watch Newsies. It’s on Netflix right now, and if you haven’t seen it yet, you definitely should.  I think Caleb is a fan at heart, but since his dad and brother call is ‘Snoozies’ he keeps that information to himself. As for Eleonora and myself, well, we are fansies. 

Happy January 8th to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment