This is the only book that I read to myself that I finished in January. I’m enjoying my journey through Mitford the most ever - maybe because I’m creeping ever closer to the main characters’ ages!
Aunt Terry gave this book to the boys and we enjoyed it. Very quaint.
I read this to my third graders. Guess what year it was published. 1938. Lots of fun old-timey things to talk about besides the penguins romping through the house.
Can’t believe I’d never read this before. I read it to the boys, even though they’d both read it themselves. I was very surprised that I didn’t like it one speck. I thought, this isn’t a children’s book, it’s a book for weirdos by a weirdo. Of course, if you happen to love it, that’s fine by me! It does have memorable and enduring characters, I’ll give it that.
Now here’s a great thing from January. Jennifer started up a group, now known as the Goal Gals. Each of us was supposed to pick 5 goals for January and keep track of our progress. At the end of the month, anyone with 100 checks gets together for a celebration. 7 of us, including Laurel, got together at Cracker Barrel at the end of the month, and Jenno was crowned the champion Goal Gal for the month. Ha! Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment