When Caleb picks Eleonora's outfits, he goes for monkeys, of course.
On this happy day, three cousins ended up with monkey clothes on, unintentionally.
(And I still had on the pre-fixed stripey dress.)
To break up the monotony of a string of similar monkey shots,
I thought I'd share some recipes that I tried this week.
One night I made Chinese food, probably inspired by the delicious food at P.F. Chang's last weekend,
when Eleonora and I went there for a bridal shower.
First, I made egg drop soup.
Super simple.
Who knew?
allrecipes.com/recipe/restaurant-style-egg-drop-soup/
4 cups chicken broth, divided
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.
allrecipes.com/recipe/restaurant-style-egg-drop-soup/
I followed the recipe, only used 'Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base' to make my chicken broth,
and I used minced onions instead of fresh chives.
Also we had rice and stir fry.
Once again, I just used whatever I had on-hand to make a close approximation of that recipe.
And another day I made these baked oven fries to go along with our hamburgers.
Now I have a question for you.
Why do people act like if things are cooked in a frying pan on the stove they are bad for you,
but if they are baked in the oven, they are healthy?
If they are hanging out in sizzling oil, what's the difference?
And last, but not least, a recipe for Baked French Toast that I made for another of Ashley's showers.
And there you have it, folks.
Have a happy fall weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment