Our house has a lovely front porch, but until recently, only a lonely porch swing from which to enjoy it.
On a quick Friday morning yard sale run,
I happened upon a dilapidated old wicker set for the low, low price of ten dollars.
My dad came to the rescue and picked it up in his truck.
We headed to Lowe's for some spray paint and zipties.
The zipties helped hold some parts together when the chairs turned out to be a bit more rickety than first thought.
Sit at your own risk!
But they turned out great.
And a whole lot more comfortable than sitting on the deck!
I've been storing old throw pillows for a rainy day, and they were perfect recovered for this project.
I even found a little foam to make cushions for more comfy seating.
(And to offer a little padding in the unlikely event that our ziptie system fails!)
About the ducks.
I put these pillows from my stash in these chairs just to make sure they were a good size,
as I was about to make new blue matching covers for them.
But then I realized that I found them beautiful just the way they were.
Jennifer does not approve.
Which makes it all the more jolly.
Since then I've added a bit of fall deco to my table, but for now sweet Caleb will have to do.
Ta-daa!
And there you have it.
$10 furniture +
$20 spray paint & zipties +
$9 for 3 yards of beautiful fabric +
pilfered pillows and free foam =
A fun and more hospitable front porch!
No comments:
Post a Comment