Josiah had no school on Wednesday, so I decided an adventure was in order.
(Can you tell what game the boys are playing? It's 'Chicken Fighting' with violets. Have you ever played? You each pick a wild violet. Take a moment to admire the delicate beauty of the flower. [I added that part to the game myself - Caleb says it is his least favorite part. Boo to you, Caleb.] Then you lock the stems together just below the blossom and pull and whoever's head pops off is the big loser. Then you both take a nibble of the bulbous part of the flower - on the back at the base, you know? Delicious. Anyways, it's a delightful game and you definitely will be wanting to try it.)
Back to the adventure. Seeing as how it was Story Hour day, we headed to the library. On foot and on wheels. 12 wheels to be exact.
I was mostly wondering if the boys were getting to be ready for biking adventures, and I think the answer is yes!
P.S. My conversation with Caleb this morning:
"Caleb, last night I was writing about that violet game - what do you call it?"
"Chicken fighting - because they lock their necks together and pull off each other's head and then we eat their beaks."
"Wow. Sounds violent."
"I know. That's why they're called violets!"
And now we know.






No comments:
Post a Comment