Friday, March 6, 2015

Steel Wool

The boys and I were in the mood to create some art last weekend. I had seen a cool new picture hanging in the bedroom of a friend of the boys', so I decided to recreate it. 
Our friend's picture was from Hobby Lobby, so I looked up a similar image on hobbylobby.com. I sketched it with a pencil first on a wooden board that I happened to have, then went over it with a paint pen. 
Chris had made a concoction of 0000 steel wool dissolved in vinegar for his own projects, and a few swipes of that made a cool finish.
 I told the boys to get scraps of wood from the fire pit for their own creations. I was expecting little pieces a few inches long. They each found monster boards. Caleb drew "Persons Diving in a Pool with Belly Buttons."  Their art is currently decorating the tree house!

No comments:

Post a Comment