On Sunday some church friends gave us some bedroom furniture, and it started a whole chain of furniture moving through the house.
This dresser was having some troubles and was about to get the boot, when I realized (and Heather also suggested) that it would be just perfect as storage in the dining room. The dining room has been feeling a little empty since Eleonora moved out.
This is the hutch that I was trying to match, so Eleo and I bought some black spray paint and some new handles that seemed friendly.
Of course I saved some of the fun part for Caleb. When I picked him up from school, I asked him if he could take off the old handles. I told him there were 8 handles with two screws each and asked him how many screws that would be. He said, "What is 20 minus 4?" I thought that was pretty smart for a kindergartener, eh?





Love these sorts of diy's!!! I have a dresser similar to this one I am wanting to paint for Ev's room. Probably not until Spring... Yours looks great!! :)
ReplyDelete