We had a nice weekend. I’ll tell you about Saturday tomorrow, but for now I’ll tell you about Sunday. We started the day by gathering in the living room to watch our church’s service. Don’t tell, but I’ve taken to coloring during the sermon since this ordeal started and it’s quite nice. The kids brought out all the Woodzeez and played quietly. Chris manned the technology (it kept pausing). Chris and Caleb made hamburgers and homemade French fries for lunch.
Last year, Buddy chewed up the cushions from our front porch rockers, and since then they’ve lived in the shed, where rodents have helped themselves. (We moved Buddy’s wire so he isn’t allowed on the front porch anymore.) Saturday when I was at Walmart, a lady was having fabric cut (looked like she was going to make an Ariel costume and an Elsa costume to me) and so I was emboldened to have some nonessential fabric cut as well. So here is our before and after. Ta-daa!
My mom and I were going to meet at the walking track (so grateful it’s stayed open!), and the kids decided to join us. This was the boys’ first time taking their hoverboards out and about. They mostly crouched as they zoomed around, scared to have a big wipeout in public, I think.
Now we are about to start school and we are already late because the children seem to be enjoying a luxurious breakfast while I hide out and type this. If you’re wondering how we did on our productivity charts last week, we won’t talk about Eleo, Josiah (and I, if I was playing) earned $1, and Caleb earned $5! Last Friday, Caleb filled in all his missing holes by doing extra chores to earn his perfect score, but this week we are getting tough, and perfect scores have to be earned perfectly. If those kids will quit chomping, we would get to it. I was just thinking yesterday that this reminds me so much of playing school (usually pioneer) with my sisters and cousins. I really enjoy having an little more authority over my current pupils, it really helps in the cooperation department (I’m looking at you, Lou, ha!). I need to find some sunbonnets and suspenders and lunch buckets and slates and then we’d really be having a good time. In other news, my sister is FINALLY reading the Little House series for the first time in her life (how is that even possible) and I’m having the best time discussing them with her. And in more other news, the boys and I started listening to ‘Little Men’ and it is just so good. I keep feeling like I could finish the sentences sometimes, I must have read it a lot back in the day. We only heard the first chapter last night but I have the feeling I’m going to learn lots of helpful parenting/teaching strategies as I listen. I’ll keep you posted. Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment