Our school system very generously gave every teacher at my school a Warrior Day - an extra day off of school that they picked, as a thanks for our work during Covid. (I will say that I was reading Marco Polo when they introduced the idea to us, which is full of accounts of actual warriors, and thank goodness, we are not them. I don’t think the person who picked the name was reading a similar historical account at the time.) Jenno and her boys joined me in a trip to the “big city” and we had a fabulous, rainy day - including long wet jaunts across parking lots to avoid getting the boys back in their car seats between stores. It was memorable for sure.
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Warrior Day
Our school system very generously gave every teacher at my school a Warrior Day - an extra day off of school that they picked, as a thanks for our work during Covid. (I will say that I was reading Marco Polo when they introduced the idea to us, which is full of accounts of actual warriors, and thank goodness, we are not them. I don’t think the person who picked the name was reading a similar historical account at the time.) Jenno and her boys joined me in a trip to the “big city” and we had a fabulous, rainy day - including long wet jaunts across parking lots to avoid getting the boys back in their car seats between stores. It was memorable for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment