Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A New Shirt

Here it is, my first tutorial on making a free shirt that doesn't actually fit into a lovely shirt that does! 
To begin, hire a photographer, preferably one about 3 feet tall.  This is a flattering angle from which to have your photograph taken.  (Isn't that a lovely painting of Chris in the background?)
 Next you pin.  Turn your shirt inside out first.  I only pinned one side all the way, because, as I discovered, it is rather difficult to pin inside your own armpit with precision.  Now you carefully take the pinned shirt off and sew along the two pin lines.
Finally, I cut off the extra material from each side and the collar and stitched it together inside out and then flipped it to make a tube.  This was the most time consuming part of the entire project.  It took an entire Sesame Street and Sid the Science Kid and trip to the post office in Sale Creek (I wasn't driving) to get the tube turned right side out with the help of a skewer. There has to be a better way.  
Oh, and this photo took a while, too.  I still haven't been able to find the timer setting on my camera.  
So there you have it. 
A good time.  Try it today!



No comments:

Post a Comment