Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Books!

For an avid reader, I have bought surprisingly few books in my life. 
That has changed since I discovered the joys of shopping online this Christmas season. 
I thought I would share a portion of the great books I have bought as gifts this year - these are all for kids - non readers of this blog, in other words. 
First, some Beverly Cleary for Josiah. Hard to beat. I've enjoyed reading some of her books to the boys already. 
Eleonora already has a substantial collection of toddler books handed down from her brothers, so I decided to go straight to the good stuff for her. First, my favorite American Girl series.
And even more wonderful, this great collection of Laura Ingalls Wilder books with the Garth Williams illustrations in color. Now if that don't make you want to holler hidey-ho, I don't know what will. 
Now those books up there were mostly Ebay finds, but let me also introduce you to the joys of the Kohl's entrance book display. For the low, low price of $5 they have fun books, puzzles, etc. that change out regularly. I got the boys this twin-pack of doodle books along with those magical multi-colored ink pens of my youth (from the Target dollar section). 
These Little Critter lift-the-flap books are from the $5 Kohl's section as well. 
And who doesn't love a good lift-the-flap book?  Also, if you happen to notice my ring in the above picture, I will take this opportunity to let you know that it is my 9th wedding anniversary this very Wednesday.  Happy anniversary to us!
Those lift-the-flap books inspired me to delve into the world of lift-the-flaps and pop-ups on Amazon, and I found a couple of beauts if I do say so myself. 
How cool is that!?
And I have saved my favorite find for last. 
Check it. Huge, detailed bugs pop off each page and there is also a ton more going on. The whole thing looks like a collection of a scientist's notes. 
You can peel back multiple layers on this bug. So detailed!
And that concludes what seems to have turned into my first virtual shopping guide.
 I will leave you with a picture of sweet Caleb with the gift he wrapped for his brother and the accompanying note. It starts at the bottom and is read upward in a serpentine fashion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment